NarCon Service Help-
The strength of NarCon Project is the interrelationships between the modules. It is important when initializing the program the data is entered into the modules, sequentially. Also, there are certain fields which must be completed in order to tie these modules together. Modules and Data should be entered in the following order:
MASTER MENU opens Modules named in II.
Main- User Info- This is the company information. It is the first Module used. Make sure all data is entered correctly. This must only be done once after first installing the program.
1.Account Info- enter the information as complete as possible. The Job Number MUST be completed. Include all other data such as address, phone, etc.
2. Vendor- enter as many vendors as you have. A vendor number will be automatically entered for each new record.
3. Employee- you must enter an employee number. Also make sure you include his actual Straight, Overtime, and Premium time rates as well as the PTI. The actual costs will be automatically calculated. Enter the desired billing rate for each man or classification.
4. P&L/Invoice/Cost Estimates- This is the heart of the system. The biggest item to note with this module, when you are in the "Service Record Entry" screen, you must enter a callback ticket number in the Callback Ticket Number field. This can be a series number when not used by a technician. Also, for every tem which will be billed, the invoice number must be entered at the time of entry of the service record. This would also include the monthly contract service fee. It is all very important to list the type of call which is being recorded in the Visit Code field. The various code meanings are shown in the menu at the top of the entry screen. Connect to the P&L Module is the invoice area. By clicking on either the "Invoicing" shown in the menu at the top or clicking on "Invoice Entry" from the Main Menu, you will be taken to the Invoice Entry screen. Entering the Invoice Number in PL Entry causes a record creation in the invoice entry. When you are ready to write and send invoices, merely click on the "Blnk Record" button towards the top of the Entry screen and this will locate all records which have not been processed.
D. Callbacks- service call records
E. Inventory- inv allocation and purchasing
F. Repair Proposal- repair order proposals
G. Repair Orders- repair orders tied into Repair Proposals
II. MODULES- 8 TOTAL
A. Account Info- customer information and contract details
B. Callbacks- service call records
C. Inventory/Purchasing- inv allocation and purchasing
D. P&L/Invoicing/Cost Entry- technician hour reporting and profit and loss and Invoicing
E. Repair Proposal- repair order proposals
F. Repair Orders- repair orders
G. Tech Info.- technician records
H. Vendor- vendor information
I. Modules "A.-H." interrelated through unique numbers
III. Basics- FOR HELP AT ANY TIME CLICK ON THE HELP ICON or Hit "F1"
A. Navigation examples
1. Adding, deleting & duplicating records: From the Entry Screen > Record Control >________
2. Sorting option: From the Entry Screen >first click on a field then> Sort >
3. Record finds: From the Entry Screen >first click on a field then> Find. . . >
IV. GETTING STARTED- ENTRY PROCEDURE
A. Master Menu- menu to open each module
B. Account Info- entry
1. Service Information Record
a. enter a unique job number
b. assign a technician entering tech number from Tech Info. Module
c. enter all contact and contract information including current contract dates and costs and weather it is under warranty
Be sure to be thorough- filling in all information requested
C. Vendor- unique number automatically assigned
D. Techi Info.
1. Employee Service Record
a. employee number auto assigned
b. enter balance of data requested including starting dates and pay
1. Callback Service Record
a. enter callers information and problem
b. enter job number referenced (Tech who is assigned auto appears)
c. assign actual Tech number then page Tech
d. when Tech calls in after completing response to call- fill in his start and ending times at job, if call is billable- enter time ticket number, and result of the call and .fill in any other information which can be entered
1. Three entry screens
a. Master Parts Entry
. Enter part name, description, vendor no
b. Purchase Order Entry
. Enter PO no., plus other information requested If multiple purchases on one PO, click on the next part entry button and fill in the next part
c. Allocation Order Record
. If allocation is against a specific PO for that job, do a find for that Job No. and allocate on the same record
. Make sure to enter the Tech ticket number where the material was used on (from the P&L module)
G. Repair Proposal- repair order proposals
1. Service Quote Entry
a. Enter the Job No, part number and part description along with quantities and pricing information
b. When price is determined, type in the actual quote amount
H. Repair Orders- repair orders
1. Service Order Entry
a. Do a find on the Job No. and find the record that contains the information for this order then assign an order number
b. Type in the actual order amount
I. P&L/Invoice/Cost Entry
1. Service Record
a. Used for every invoice and service ticket
b. Make sure all data is filled in- must include a ticket number and invoice number (if billable)
c. Enter material pricing and assign an invoice number
2. Invoice Record
a. Click on the "Blank Record" button and this will show the Invoices which have not been processed
b. Filll in the markups and the invoice amount will appear
c. Go to the menu at top and click on the appropriate invoice for printing
d. When invoice payment is received, complete bottom section
Adding, deleting & duplicating records: @Entry Screen > Record Control >
Sorting options: @Entry Screen > first click on a field then> Sort >
Find a record: @Entry Screen>first click on a field then> Find>
All modules will have a menu bar at the top. They typically will appear as this one does. Some will appear slightly different with added headings. When directed to use the menu bar, always click on the name then go to the specific list under that name- and click on again for the action to take place.
Files/Print- CONTENTS: Open, Close, Print, Print Preview, Import Data, Export Data, Save As, Team Mail, Exit (program) The titles are for the most part self explanatory. The Import and Export Data features allow you to choose certain or all records and export them in different formats- i.e. Excel files
Records- CONTENTS: First, Next, Last, New, Previous, Duplicate, Delete, Delete Found Set, Fill Field, Refresh Data. This is your record navigation List. All are self-explanatory except- "Fill Field". Use this command when you want to change several or all records at once. Simply click on the field you want to change, then go to the Records List- his "Fill Field". It will show a box and if you have not entered any data yet, fill this in and hit "OK". This will change the data for that field in all the selected records. BE CAREFUL how you use this. The other useful command is the "Refresh Data". Use this after entering several pieces of data- it instantly updates all records and modules.
Sort- CONTENTS: Sort Ascending, Sort Descending, Define Sort. These are self-explanatory. When sorting though, you must first click on the field to sort- then go to the menu and command.
Edit- CONTENTS: Cut, Copy View, .Paste, Refresh Data These are self-explanatory.
Find- CONTENTS: Find, Find All, Find & Replace Text. These are self-explanatory
View- CONTENTS: Print Preview, Browse, Refresh Date. These are self-explanatory. Remember, data can only be entered in the "Browse" mode.
Window- CONTENTS: Standard Windows setup
List- CONTENTS: A selection of various lists for viewing or printing associated with the module
Reports- CONTENTS: A selection of various forms and reports for viewing or printing associated with the module.
Navigation/Modules- CONTENTS: Allows you to travel between the Main Menu, Entry form, and the other modules.
SUMMARY- This is how you the information into the program. Once it is entered now you can view and print various cost, progress and tracking reports .
Go to the following link to view the complete list of reports and report instructions: Reports/FormsHome Page