NarCon Project Help-
The strength of NarCon Project is the interrelationships between the modules. It is important when initializing the program the data is entered into the modules, sequentially. Also, there are certain fields which must be completed in order to tie these modules together. Modules and Data should be entered in the following order:
MASTER MENU opens Modules named in - Section I.
Main- User Info- This is the company information. It is the first Module used. Make sure all data is entered correctly. This must only be done once after first installing the program.
1. Clients- enter all current and prospective customers. A unique client number will be automatically assigned to each name
2. Vendor- enter all current and known vendors. A unique client number will be automatically assigned to each name
3. Project Info- enter a unique job number as well as the contract price. Also, enter all known data including job principals using the client number from the Clients Module- GC, Owner, Architect and Consultant ( if there is one). Fill in the balance of the information requested and known.
4. Labor- in this module, click on: "Employee Data Entry" from the main menu. Enter all field employees, assigning them Emp#.
5. P&L Tracking- the first items to enter are the PHASE CODES. The Phase Code entry can be found by going to the menu at the top- "Phase Codes" and clicking on the pulldown. This will take you to a screen where you can enter the name and number of the phases code. Return to the main menu and go to the "Entry". Enter all material and labor figures from the project estimate. A unique item code will be automatically assigned to each record. The entry fields have a white background. Make sure the Job Number field is completed as well. This is important- when adding a material item, make sure the Work Code M field is filled in with the Phase Code number, also make sure the Work Code L field is left blank. The reverse is true when entering a labor item- fill in the Work Code L field and leave the Work Code M blank.
The rest of the Modules can completed when a purchase is made or labor is expended. One item to note, is that prior to entering specific labor hours and records, upon entering the Labor module, go to the menu at top and click on the "Employee Entry" and point to "Employee Entry". Fill in the ST, OT and PT rates as well as the PTI (taxes, benefits, and insurance) percentage. When all employees have been entered, return to the main screen. From there you can go to the "Labor Entry" screen and enter the labor figures for that specific job.
NOTE: Job Name, Job # and Contract Amount Must be filled in
Adding, deleting & duplicating records: @Entry Screen > Record Control >
Sorting options: @Entry Screen > first click on a field then> Sort >
Find a record: @Entry Screen>first click on a field then> Find>
All modules will have a menu bar at the top. They typically will appear as this one does. Some will appear slightly different with added headings. When directed to use the menu bar, always click on the name then go to the specific list under that name- and click on again for the action to take place.
Files/Print- CONTENTS: Open, Close, Print, Print Preview, Import Data, Export Data, Save As, Team Mail, Exit (program) The titles are for the most part self explanatory. The Import and Export Data features allow you to choose certain or all records and export them in different formats- i.e. Excel files
Records- CONTENTS: First, Next, Last, New, Previous, Duplicate, Delete, Delete Found Set, Fill Field, Refresh Data. This is your record navigation List. All are self-explanatory except- "Fill Field". Use this command when you want to change several or all records at once. Simply click on the field you want to change, then go to the Records List- his "Fill Field". It will show a box and if you have not entered any data yet, fill this in and hit "OK". This will change the data for that field in all the selected records. BE CAREFUL how you use this. The other useful command is the "Refresh Data". Use this after entering several pieces of data- it instantly updates all records and modules.
Sort- CONTENTS: Sort Ascending, Sort Descending, Define Sort. These are self-explanatory. When sorting though, you must first click on the field to sort- then go to the menu and command.
Edit- CONTENTS: Cut, Copy View, .Paste, Refresh Data These are self-explanatory.
Find- CONTENTS: Find, Find All, Find & Replace Text. These are self-explanatory
View- CONTENTS: Print Preview, Browse, Refresh Date. These are self-explanatory. Remember, data can only be entered in the "Browse" mode.
Window- CONTENTS: Standard Windows setup
List- CONTENTS: A selection of various lists for viewing or printing associated with the module
Reports- CONTENTS: A selection of various forms and reports for viewing or printing associated with the module.
Navigation/Modules- CONTENTS: Allows you to travel between the Main Menu, Entry form, and the other modules.
SUMMARY- This is how you the information into the program. Once it is entered now you can view and print various cost, progress and tracking reports
Go to the following link to view the complete list of reports and report instructions: Reports/Forms.